Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the good causes lottery under the Torbay Lottery. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
Provide community activities or services within Torbay, which are of benefit to the residents of Torbay and help deliver one or more of the Council’s ambitions or visions from the One Torbay: Working for all Torbay – Community and Corporate Plan, namely:
- Torbay and its residents to thrive;
- turned the tide on poverty and tackled inequalities;
- our children and older people will have high aspirations;
- there are quality jobs, good pay for our residents; and
- affordable housing for our residents.
- turn the tide on poverty;
- have high aspirations for all our residents; and
- build safer communities.
- create an environment in which businesses and jobs can grow and where we have a local economy which is successful and sustainable; and
- be the premier tourist resort in the UK.
Tackling climate change:
- become a carbon neutral Council and work with others to create a carbon neutral community.
Council fit for the future:
- create a culture of partnership between the Council and communities.
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules.
- Have a bank account requiring at least 2 unrelated signatories.
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership.
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least 3 times per year); or
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees;
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report.
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups promoting a particular religious or political belief or activity, or a campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within Torbay.
- Organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of the Torbay Council area.
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit.
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC).
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The Council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason.
The Council will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to licence any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Torbay Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Torbay Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials provided digitally in a range of formats